Today’s monthly business meeting featured the announcement that the first draw of $3,000 has been paid to Towne and Country Homes, an installment to be used for ordering arches and hardware for the band shell.
The $950 check from the RI Foundation for the cost-sharing on the Benin project arrived last week.
We raised $2,150 from the Character Ed calendar sales. Way to go, gang!
Valentines Day in Paradise raffle tickets are on sale. If you have money/tickets to turn in, bring ‘em to the Feb 1st meeting. Keep selling. We need to up the performance from last year. Most of our tickets were sold in the last week in 2011.
Three Student Rotarians said “so long.” All praised Rotary and are headed off to promising college exploits. Good luck, ladies.
Super Mike is happy that he’s has moved to temporary new headquarters in the old Care Wisconsin offices on Racine St. The move will probably last about 3 months while his new digs are under construction. Other Happy Bucks:
- Canoeist Lewis isn’t taking a nap at home today. He also had an optimistic trade show outcome in Chicago last week.
- Big Dave got a laugh when he tossed a newly-printed fiscal easing buck in the basket to salute the economic turnaround. Yeah, he really did!
- Attny Tom’s wife has returned home from a long vacation. He’s happy to be rescued from kid care.
- The Chamber Maid is delighted that Wayne Eihlenfeldt won the Citizen of the Year recognition at a highly successful Chamber Annual Banquet Monday night.
The Canoeist was also fined for being in town last week, but failing to show at Rotary. Shame!
- T2, Mr. Potter and Big Dave were also hit with 2X desserts. Will then never learn?
Speakers needed for the two Top 10 banquet in May. If you have an idea or two, see Prez Pat.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. Don’t forget it!
Upcoming programs & activities:
February 1, Greg Sambs, Pork, more than just the other white meat
February 8, Fire Department Tour – lunch at the firehouse
February 12, Valentine’s Vacation Raffle
February 29, Fifth Wednesday Social
March 3, Alden Estates blood drive (8 a.m. ‘til 1:00 p.m.)
April 4, Women’s Issues in Afghanistan – from a soldier who’s been there
May 2, Top 10/Middle School
May 9, Top 10/High Schools
May 28, Rotary Waterfront Park Pavilion – Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
May 30, Fifth Wednesday Social
June 8-9, District Conference
June 23, Rock River Family Fun Float @ Rotary Park
June 27, Annual Banquet
July 11-15, Jefferson County Fair
July 15, Cow Chip Challenge
August 20, Brat & Burger
August 29, Fifth Wednesday Social
October 31, Fifth Wednesday Social
Questions or comments? Contact President Pat Vandenberg 674-7020, or Spoke Editor Gary Myers, 674-6235.